Cost of Living
Wheeling is one of the most affordable city’s to live and raise a family while offering the quality of living equal to many larger cities at a fraction of the cost. Wheeling is your place to LIVE! Affordable Cost of Living
Cost of Living Comparison:
- 6th Nationally in affordable housing costs
- New and existing housing priced below national average
- Low property taxes
- Ranked 22nd of 351 metro areas for most affordable cost of living
Low Crime Rate
- Columbus OH is 10% more expensive than Wheeling.
- Housing is 93% more expensive in Columbus, OH.
- A salary of $36,000 in Wheeling, West Virginia, is comparable to $39,486 Columbus, OH.
- One of America’s safest areas, according to national crime statistics.
- Ranks as Second Lowest in the Country. (FBI Uniform Crime Statistics)
Real Estate - Wheeling Housing Information
- Wheeling Metro Area: 157,200
- Marshall County, WV: 37,200
- Ohio County, WV: 50,200
- Belmont County, OH: 69,800
- Average Sale Price: $109,737
- Average List Price: $116,264
- Average Days on Market: 118
- Ratio of List to Sales Price: 94.39%
- # Residential Units Sold in 2000: 415
- Price of 3-4 Bedroom House: $50,000 - $1,195,000
- Price of 5 Bedroom House: $100,000 - $480,000
Source: Wheeling Board of Realtors, 2006