Office of the City Solicitor
Rose Humway-Warmuth, City Solicitor
Howard Klatt, Assistant City Solicitor
1500 Chapline Street, Wheeling, WV 26003
Phone: (304) 234-3736
Fax: (304) 234-3605
Under the direction of the City Manager, the City Solicitor:
- Provides professional legal representation for the City as the chief legal advisor.
- Directs the activities of the Legal Department.
- Provideslegal advice and representation to the City Council in order to assistthe Council in conducting affairs in accordance with statutes and lawsof the State of West Virginia.
- Conducts investigations and advises on proper actions to take in administrative, civil, and criminal cases affecting the City.
- Preparescases for prosecution in Wheeling Municipal Court, for both criminalcase sessions and hearings as well as health, safety, and building codesessions.
- The Assistant City Solicitor reports to the City Solicitor.